- No exceptions to the requirements below
- 1). Students must have a internet accessible laptop
- 2). Student must have laptop camera turned on at all times (obviously bathroom breaks, leaving your dedicated student area are all good exceptions)
- 3). A positive attittude and respect for themselves and others
- 1). Recorded live classes (available for up to 30 days after completion of program)
- 2). Reinforcement class in week 4
- 3). Homework assignments each week
- 4). Homework review in week 3
- Students who wish to immerse in the program are highly recommended to include our hour long weekly tutoring session below. At least a minimum of 2 tutoring sessions.
- Students will receive Student Welcome Packet to include login credentials 1-3 days before the class.
Twi Beginner Level 1 (BL1), Section B
6 consecutive week course
Starts May 8th 2022 at 2:15pm EST |7:15pm GMT
Course meets 1 hour each week
*All classes are spoken in English and the language that is being taught, Twi.
This Twi Language course is a beginner’s level language training course for learning the language, giving a historical and cultural context in addition to basic notions of the language itself.
Briefly, the course objectives are :
- Introduce the origin and cultural plurality in the Akan culture.
- Plant the interest and curiosity about our African heritage and a broader understanding of its spectrum.
- Make it easy and accessible to approach the learning of a new language.
Students will Learn
Simple verb conjugation, parts of speech, parts of the body, sentence structure, forming simple sentences, telling time, talking about daily schedule, and counting numbers 11-100. Students will learn questions and words alongside vocabulary that is used in different daily life activities. This is also a good continuation for students who took Beginner’s level 1.
Students Will Receive
1). Homework assignments each week
2). Assessment Test; week 3 and week 6
3). Access to our Twi group with direct access to professor for audio pronunciation help
4). E-Flash Cards
5). Handout outs for each lesson
6). Interactive Student Activity Workbook
Activities in the course include
Role play, songs, and pronunciation help.
The evaluation will be made at the middle and end of the course in order to understand how much of the content has been assimilated and the possible need for clarification or reinforcement. Student might receive assessments and/or quizzes throughout the semester
Attendance and participation in classes will also have a bearing on your final experience.
Attendance and Participation
Attendance is mandatory. Student experience will also depend on in-class. If a class is missed, they’re still responsible for any assignments and materials presented in class.
2 days before class 100% Refund or course transfer
day of class 50% refund
After day 1 of class there will be no refunds or course transfers. All sales are final at this point.
Private Tutoring is available
Please email us at info@ResplendenceLanguageArts.com for our Twi Private tutoring Menu and options.