- No exceptions to the requirements below
- Students must have a internet accessible laptop
- To complete the full program, you will dedicate 6 Saturdays.
- A positive attittude and respect for themselves and others
- Student must have laptop camera turned on at all times (obviously bathroom breaks, leaving your dedicated student area are all good exceptions)
- 1 Hour of instruction virtually
- Class handouts
- Dedicated Student group to practice audio proununciation
- Students in this level have little or no exposure
PRE-REGISTER FOR FREE BELOW
Introduction to Kriolu – Beginner’s Level 2A
Lead Teacher: Professor Kwame
Day of week: Sunday
Commitment: 6 consecutive weeks per course
This Kriolu Language course is a beginner’s level language 2A training course for learning the language, giving a historical and cultural context in addition to basic notions of the language itself. We teach the Santiago Variant.
Briefly, the course objectives are :
- Introduce the origin and cultural plurality of Cape Verde (West Africa).
- Plant the interest and curiosity about our African heritage and a broader understanding of its spectrum.
- Make it easy and accessible to approach the learning of a new language.
In a simple, succinct and effective way, with the support of learning tools and the association of sounds to create basic concepts of the language for the student.
Requirements and Expected Outcomes
The student will need good internet connection and some time for study and research.
We hope that the student feels familiar with basic concepts of language and culture and is able to be evaluated on what he/she/they learned during the course.
Students Will Learn
A Recap of everything learned in BL1B. Students will learn simple verb conjugation, parts of speech, parts of the body, sentence structure, forming simple sentences, telling time, talking about daily schedule and counting numbers 11-100. Students will learn question words alongside vocabulary used in different daily life activities. This is also a good continuation for students who took Beginner’s level 1A and Beginner Level 1B.
Activities to include role play, songs, and pronunciation help.
Students Will Receive
(a) Weekly handouts (b) homework (c) 2 tests one in week 3 the other in week 5 (d) Access to our exclusive whatsapp group for this class (e) e-flashcards
The evaluation will be made at the end of the course in order to understand how much of the content has been assimilated and the possible need for clarification or reinforcement. Student might receive assessments and/or quizzes throughout the course.
Attendance and participation in classes will also have a bearing on your final experience.
Attendance and Participation
Attendance is mandatory. Student experience will also depend on in-class participation
1-2 days before class 100% Refund or transfer course
day of class 50% refund
after the student attends the first class, there will be no refunds or transfer of course. Sales are final at that point.
If you have questions, please email is at info@ResplendenceLanguageArts.com