- No exceptions to the requirements below
- Students must have a internet accessible laptop
- Student must have laptop camera turned on at all times
- A positive attitude and respect for themselves and others
- Intermediate Level meet for 1 hour and 20 minutes
- There are 5 total classes and one reinforcement class. Each class is one hour and 20 minutes in length. Each reinforcement is 45 minutes in length.
- Students receive (1) Weekly Flash cards (2) Weekly handouts (3) Access to our exclusive Student Audio Lounge.
- In this level, students have a fair understanding of the target language sentence structure.
- You will learn counting numbers 101-500, practice conversing in the past and future tenses, learn forming compound sentences, reading comprehension and forming and answering questions.
- 60% of class instruction is done in the target language.
Students will continue to learn present, future, past. Students will count from 101-500. Students will begin to read passages aloud and translate meanings, Students will learn both the formal and information. High focus on: cultural integrity, grammar, and introduction of new vocabulary like insects, forest, animals. Including understanding how to ask questions and answers under relevant situations such as at Doctors office, in a taxi, traveling, at work, and/or school.
START DATE: Classes will resume our winter sessions (January 2023). Your enrollment fee will automatically roll over to our winter session if you would like a refund, please email info@ResplendenceLanguageArts.com and your refund will be processed.
5 consecutive week course
IL1-Time: 10am PST | 12pm CST | 1pm EST | 9pm EAT
IL2-Time: 11am PST | 1pm CST | 2pm EST | 10pm EAT
*All classes are spoken in English and the language that is being taught, Swahili.
This Swahili Language course is an intermediate level language training course for learning the language, giving a historical and cultural context in addition to basic notions of the language itself.
Briefly, the course objectives are :
- Students will be able to have a more complete understanding of the Swahili Language
- Students will begin to speak mostly in Swahili to include, translating, reading, and interpretation
- Students will be able to have a conversation in Swahili
The teacher will engage students effectively. The teacher will use audio clips, passages, and videos to help drill down the language. Students might receive homework assignments.
Requirements and Expected Outcomes
The student will need good internet connection and some time for study and research.
We hope that the student feels familiar with intermediate concepts of language and culture and is able to be evaluated on what he/she/they learned during the course.
The evaluation will be made at the end of the course in order to understand how much of the content has been assimilated and the possible need for clarification or reinforcement. Student might receive assessments and/or quizzes throughout the semester
Attendance and participation in classes will also have a bearing on your final experience.
Attendance and Participation
Attendance is mandatory. Student experience will also depend on in-class
Activities to include roleplay, translating, defining, interpretation, and pronunciation. In addition, assignments, handouts, and homework will be explained. Materials will be discussed and clearly defined along with the assigned readings.
Please note: Missing class during that time will hurt not only the student, but the group as well. If a class is missed, they’re still responsible for any assignments and materials presented in class.
2 days before class 100% Refund.
day of class 50% refund
2nd class 25% refund
3rd class 5% refund
4th and 5th no refunds allowed.
BL2-Time: BL2 with Hamisi 1pm EST