- No exceptions to the requirements below
- Students must have a internet accessible laptop
- 2). Student must have laptop camera turned on at all times (obviously bathroom breaks, leaving your dedicated student area are all good exceptions)
- 3). A positive attittude and respect for themselves and others
- There are 5 total classes.
- Students will receive Student Welcome Packet to include login credentials 1-3 days before the class.
- Student will receive: (1) Class handouts, (2) E-flashcards, (3) Dedicated student audio group to practice audio pronunciation.
- Students in this level have little or no exposure to Ga
Classes will resume our winter sessions (January 2023). Your enrollment fee will automatically roll over to our winter session if you would like a refund, please email info@ResplendenceLanguageArts.com and your refund will be processed.
5 consecutive week course
*All classes are spoken in English and the language that is being taught, Ga.
This Ga Language course is a beginner’s level language training course for learning the language, giving a historical and cultural context in addition to basic notions of the language itself.
Briefly, the course objectives are :
- Introduce the origin and cultural plurality in the Ga culture.
- Plant the interest and curiosity about our African heritage and a broader understanding of its spectrum.
- Make it easy and accessible to approach the learning of a new language.
In a simple, succinct and effective way, with the support of learning tools and the association of sounds to create basic concepts of the language for the student.
Requirements and Expected Outcomes
The student will need good internet connection and some time for study and research.
We hope that the student feels familiar with basic concepts of language and culture and is able to be evaluated on what he/she/they learned during the course.
The evaluation will be made at the end of the course in order to understand how much of the content has been assimilated and the possible need for clarification or reinforcement. Student might receive assessments and/or quizzes throughout the semester
Attendance and participation in classes will also have a bearing on your final experience.
Attendance and Participation
Attendance is mandatory. Student experience will also depend on in-class
Activities to include roleplay and pronunciation. In addition, I’ll explain assignments in class, hand out related materials, and discuss and clarify assigned readings. Missing class during that time will hurt not only the student , but the group as well.
If a class is missed, they’re still responsible for any assignments and materials presented in class.
2 days before class 100% Refund.
day of class 50% refund
2nd class 25% refund
3rd class 5% refund
4th and 5th no refunds allowed.
Students in this level have little or no exposure to the target language. This is the starting point for an absolute beginner. In this level you will learn: a light history of the target language, sounds and pronunciations, counting 1 to 10, basic communication phrases, colors, days of the week & months of the year. As a part of the process students will also be exposed to light sentence structure in the present tense.
Students will learn conjugation, parts of speech, sentence structure, forming long sentences, parts of the body, telling time, counting from 11-100 (maybe more if time allows), At the mall/At the Market- Parts of clothing and student will learn various supermarket items, build more vocabulary, and become better speakers of this language. An exam is taken in the final class. Student may have a guest speaker in the final class as well. Pleaste Note: This is also good refresher for students who took Cohort Beginner’s level 1