- No exceptions to the requirements below
- Students must have a internet accessible laptop
- Student must have laptop camera turned on at all times (obviously bathroom breaks, leaving your dedicated student area are all good exceptions)
- A positive attitude and respect for themselves and others
- There are 5 total classes.
- Each Class is one hour.
- Each module meets at the same time every week.
- To complete the full program, you will dedicate 5 Saturdays
Start Date: Starting April 15th 2023
Course meets: Saturday 11am est & Wednesday 7pm est
Where: Live Online instruction presented via Zoom
Meeting Length: One Hour and 15 minutes
5 consecutive week courses for the two levels.
All Upgraded/Deluxe students will receive
1). Access to whatsapp group
2). Lite Bubi tutor in whatsgroup
3). Recording for each class
This Equatorial Guinea Bubi Language course is a beginner’s level one language training course for learning the language, giving a historical and cultural context in learning the language, music, energy, and spirituality.
Briefly, the course objectives are:
- Introduce the origin and cultural plurality in Bubi culture
- Plant the interest and curiosity about our African heritage and a broader understanding of its spectrum
- Make it easy and accessible to approach the learning of a new language.
in a simple, succinct and effective way, with the support of learning tools and the association of sounds to create basic concepts of the language for the student.
Requirements and Expected Outcomes
The student will need good internet connection and some time for study and research.
We hope that the student feels familiar with basic concepts of language and culture and is able to be evaluated on what he/she/they learned during the course.
Attendance and participation in classes will also have a bearing on your final experience.
Attendance and Participation
Attendance is mandatory. Student experience will also depend on in-class
Activities to include role-play and pronunciation. . Missing class during that time will hurt not only the student, but the group as well.
If a class is missed, they’re still responsible for any assignments and materials presented in class.
Students will learn simple verb conjugation, parts of speech, parts of the body, sentence structure, forming simple sentences, telling time, talking about daily schedule and counting numbers 11-100. Students will learn question words alongside vocabulary used in different daily life activities. This is also a good continuation for students who took Beginner’s level 1.
BL2 Students will recap previous cohort, learn new vocabulary, and cultural nuggets. Subjects covered are: Parts of Body, Time, Numbers, Market items, and more. As a part of the process students will also be exposed to light sentence structure. An exam is taken in the final class. Student may have a guest speaker in the final class as well.