- No exceptions to the requirements below
- Students must have a internet accessible laptop
- Student must have laptop camera turned on at all times
- A positive attitude and respect for themselves and others
- Students will receive Student Welcome Packet to include login credentials 1-3 days before the class.
- Please email info@ResplendenceLanguageArts.com with questions, concerns, feedback. Thank you!
- Students in this level have little or no exposure to the target language. This is the starting point for an absolute beginner.
- In this level you will learn: a light history of the target language, sounds and pronunciations, counting 1 to 10, basic communication phrases, colors, days of the week & months of the year.
- As a part of the process, students will also be exposed to light sentence structure in the present tense.
Introduction to Swahili of East Africa – LIVE ONLINE
Beginner Level 1B
Instructor: Professor Muthoni
START DATE: Classes will resume our winter sessions (January 2023). Your enrollment fee will automatically roll over to our winter session if you would like a refund, please email info@ResplendenceLanguageArts.com and your refund will be processed.
Day of week: Sundays and Fridays
Time: Sundays at 10 AM EST and Fridays at 11 AM EST
Commitment: 10 consecutive weeks, meeting two times a week live online in recorded sessions.
How long is each class? At least 1 hour per class up to 90 minute.
In this cohort:
Each module meets at the same time every week. To complete the full program, you will dedicate 20 sessions. 10 weeks
Beginner’s Level One (BL1B)
There are 20 total sessions. Each session is one hour in length, to up 90 minutes.
Students recap from what they learned in BL1A (please note you do not have to take BL1A but you must know the materials that we learned in BL1A see BL1A course to know what we learned). Students in addition will learn: parts of the body, numbers 11-100, Time, clothing parts, items at the market (fruits, veggies, animals, and more). In addition students will be exposed to popular east African songs to reinforce their learning. Finally, students as a part of the curriculum will learn parts of speech, nouns, pronouns, and sentence structures.
Students in this level and beyond will receive the following
1). Access to our whatsapp room to practice speech and get updates on homework and lessons – working with your instructor and classmates
2). E-Flash Cards for Vocabulary words
3). Weekly homework
4). Student Interactive Workbook
5). Weekly handouts from lesson
6). Quiz & Test to ensure you are learning
7). Weekly class recordings of each lesson. Please note recordings are available for up to 7 days after each weekly lesson, not for the duration of the 10 week class.
Additionally, for any courses we recommend that you add Tutoring to maximize your language experience.
2 days before class 100% Refund or transfer of the class.
day of class 50% refund
No refunds or transfers after the 1st day of class. All sales are final after you take the first class.
Your withdrawal must be in writing
No exceptions to the requirements below
Students must have a internet accessible laptop
Student must have laptop camera turned on at all times
A positive attitude and respect for themselves and others
Students will receive Student Welcome Packet to include login credentials 1-3 days before the class.
Please email info@ResplendenceLanguageArts.com with questions, concerns, feedback. Thank you!